- About Us
Contactless Curbside Pickup
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
Please note that Curbside Pickup times must be scheduled in advance.
Curbside Pickup Hours:
- Monday - Friday: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- There are three ways to request items:
- Catalog: CAPLD cardholders and patrons with library cards from participating SHARE member libraries, can order items through our online catalog.
- Call 217-483-2713. Phone orders can be placed during Library business hours.
- Complete the online Order Form
- Once you receive notification via email, phone, or text that your requested items are ready for pickup, please call the Library 217-483-2713 to schedule a curbside pickup time.
- At your confirmed scheduled day/time, park in your “Curbside Pickup” designated parking space indicated by orange cones. If necessary, form a line.
- If, upon arrival, there is not an attendant outside, please call the library at 217-483-2713.
- Do NOT exit the vehicle at this time.
- Pick up Procedure
- A staff member will place items on the table next to the parking spot and come back to the building without person-to-person contact.
- At this time, you may exit your vehicle to pick up your items.
- Staff will not engage in extended conversation or contact with patrons. Staff are not permitted to open a delivery bag or touch materials once they have been checked-out.
- Walkers and bikers can also use curbside pickup. Please contact the Library for details.
- Our Outdoor Book Drop is Open 24/7:
- Please only place library items into the Book Drop as we are not currently accepting donations.
- DVDs can be returned through the Book Drop. Please rubber band or wrap the DVDs in a bag, if possible, for increased protection of the items.
- Please return specialty items (WIFI Hot Spots, puzzles, etc.) at the LIbrary, during business hours, on the designated cart.
- Returned items will be quarantined for several days before being checked in. Library staff will contact patrons with any questions at that time, and any fines accrued during that quarantine period will be waived.