- About Us
Grab and Go Service Q & A
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
How do I request items during this stage?
There are several ways to request items during this time. Please visit https://www.chathamlib.org/how-do-i-request-items for details.
What are the Library's Hours of Operation during the Library's Grab and Go Service stage?
Monday - Thursday: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Friday: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Saturday: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Which services will be available during this stage?
- Our collection will be open for quick pick browsing, self-checkout stations will be available, and computers may be used for up to 60 minutes a day.
- We will welcome up to 30 patrons into the Library at a time. Masks, covering both the nose and mouth, must be worn at all times.
- We ask that patrons keep their visit to 60 minutes or less.
- Library card, printing, faxing, copying services will be available.
- Study Tables (Single or one-on-one tutoring use, 60-minute time limit)
- Certain areas of the Library will be unavailable for use, including meeting and study room rooms, children’s toys and computers, and most seating areas.
- Notary services will be available by appointment.
- Contactless Curbside Service will be available Monday-Saturday from 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM.
- No donations will be accepted at this time.
What safety measures are you taking during this stage?
The safety of our patrons and staff is the highest priority. The following procedures and precautionary measures will be enacted to try and ensure all parties are kept safe and healthy:
- Patrons will be required to wear masks, covering their nose and mouth, while in the building at all times.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use throughout the Library.
- The use of our self-checkout stations is encouraged.
- We encourage only one person per household to visit at a time, and if you or anyone in your household is not feeling well, please do not visit the Library.
- Front circulation staff will be required to wear masks and maintain thorough hand washing levels throughout the day.
- Public computers and equipment will be sanitized after each use.
- Partitions, plexiglass, and floor markers will be used to help ensure protection and proper social distancing.
- Restrooms and other high touch surfaces will be disinfected frequently.
- Certain areas of the Library will be unavailable for use, including meeting and study rooms, children’s computers and toys, and most seating areas.
- Optional curbside pickup will remain available Monday-Saturday from 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM.
Will checkouts still be two weeks?
Checkout periods will be two weeks for most Chatham Area Public Library items. Materials from other libraries are subject to the checkout limits determined by the loaning library.
How can I request items during this stage?
- The quickest way to request items during this time is through our online catalog. CAPLD cardholders and patrons with library cards from participating SHARE member libraries, can order items through our online catalog.
- Call 217-483-2713. Phone orders can be placed during Library business hours.
- Complete our Online Order Form. Please note that processing these requests may take up to 72 hours.
How will I know when my items are ready for pickup? How can I pickup my items via curbside?
Classic library item notifications (email, phone, or text) will alert patrons when their requested items are ready and available for pickup.
Items can be picked up in our lobby during business hours or during our allotted curbside pickup times (Monday-Saturday from 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM).
Are you accepting donations at this time?
No. Due to health and safety concerns related to the processing of donations, we are not accepting donations at this time.
Can I use the Meeting or Study Rooms?
No, our Meeting and Study Rooms are not available for use at this time.
How can I pay for my fines/lost/damaged items/faxes/copies?
We will have payment jars for cash payments at the Reference and Circulation Desks. We will also be accepting checks and credit cards (for purchases over $5).
How can I return items during this stage?
Our Outdoor Book Drop will remain open 24/7 to accept returns. You are welcome to return DVDs using the Outdoor Book Drop. For other specialty item return, please bring the items into the Library, and a staff member will assist.
Please note that items will continue to be quarantined for several days after being checked in, and any fines accrued during that time will be waived. Please note that our indoor book drop will be unavailable during this time.
What are you doing with items once they're returned?
We have developed a process for safely accepting library items through our outdoor book drop which involves a quarantine period. Information acquired from the REALM project has been and will be used to determine the quarantining process. Please note that, because of this process, your item(s) will remain on your account for several days after they've been returned. Fines accrued on your items during this quarantine period will be waived, and Library staff will contact patrons with any questions at the time of item check in.