- About Us
Study Rooms Policy
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
Submitted by LauraM on Wed, 2018-11-14 19:39
Community Use of Library District Facilities – Study Rooms
The study rooms are designed to provide a quiet area of study for individual or small groups. The fundamental purpose of these study rooms is to provide a suitable environment for research, study, and reading.
Study rooms are not for social gathering. Appropriate library behavior is expected.
(See Library Conduct Policy)
The study rooms are generally intended for the purpose of quiet study and discussion. The rooms are not for larger group pursuits, including social activities, sales or club and business meetings or other for profit entities or organizations. Additional study space is available within the library.
There are 4 study rooms located on the West side of the building.
The small study rooms have been provided for use by the general public. There are specific rules and regulations for their use. The rooms may be reserved in person or over the phone. The rules are as follows:
- Appointments may be made up to one week in advance, either by telephone or in person at the circulation desk.
- Study rooms are used on a first-come, first served basis if not reserved.
- Those that have reserved a study room will have preference over a person who has not registered at the circulation desk.
- Time slots are two hours in length. Extended usage times may be given if room is available. A limit of three hours per day will be enforced should other users request the use of a room. Limits are set in order to accommodate fair and equitable access to these spaces.
- Reserved rooms will be held for 10 minutes past the time reserved, and then will be made available to the next applicant.
- Study rooms are not available outside of the library’s service hours. Study rooms must be vacated 15 minutes prior to the scheduled closing of the library regardless of when the patron began using the room.
Rules of Conduct
- Food is prohibited in the study rooms. Covered drinks are allowed.
- Study rooms are not soundproof so noise is to be kept to a minimum. Complaints reported by other patrons about excessive noise may result in suspension of further study room privileges.
- Library materials or personal belongings are not to be left unattended in the study rooms (except for very short trips to the book stacks or restrooms).
- Rearrangement of any of the study rooms’ layout is allowed only with the permission of the Library Director. Additional furniture may not be brought into a room nor may it be removed.
LEGAL REF.: 75ILCS 16/30-60
CROSS REF.: 5-10, 5-50, 5-60
ADOPTED: JANUARY 17, 2011
Study Rooms Policy