The Chatham Area Public Library hosts a bi-monthly club for genealogists and casual family researchers. The group meets on Saturday at 2pm-3:30pm usually in the Conference Room.
This club is an opportunity for those who research family histories to share sources and support. Interested individuals can come monthly or just stop in for some research support and suggestions on a casual basis. This program is FREE and open to the public.
Our Meetings Include
- Traditional genealogy techniques such as court house, library and family records
- New techniques such as DNA genealogy
- Genealogy software - comparisons, costs, uses and new developments
- Internet research - including using Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org
- Genealogical societies and training opportunities they provide
- And so much more!
For additional information contact Alanna Sablotny at 217-483-2713 or [email protected].