Chatham Community Zine
Open call for submissions for the Chatham Community Zine!
Create your work of art on a piece of 5.5” x 8.5” (½ letter) paper and return it to the circulation desk or complete the submission form below by October 31, 2021.
What’s a zine?
A zine (pronounced ZEEN) is a self-published collection of work of personal expression, information, or simply sharing a skill. This zine will feature original artwork created by members of the Chatham community.
Your submission must fit within the theme: “Gratitude.” How you interpret the theme is up to you. Have fun!
Submissions can include (but are not limited to) comics, illustration, painting, typography, poetry, or anything else you can think of.
- Must fit onto a 5.5” x 8.5” (½ letter) sheet of paper.
- Must be in black and white. Do not use grays or colors; they do not photocopy well.
- In the case of poetry or prose, work can be submitted digitally via jotform and must be 300 words or fewer.
- Include name, email address, phone number, & title on the back (only name and title will be published).
- Individuals may submit up to five (5) entries.
- This publication is intended for all audiences. Therefore, submissions must be mindful of language, the use of graphic violence, and the depiction of harmful stereotypes based on age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and mental/physical disabilities.
- The Library also has the right to not include submissions that are not intended for all audiences as listed above
The finished zine will be printed and available for free to the public.
Artists will be notified when the final product is complete. They will also receive their original work back along with their own limited edition copy of the final zine.
By participating in the Chatham Community Zine, you agree that your submission is your own original work and is not copied from another artist. You give permission to the Chatham Area Public Library to print and display your artwork and writing, share the artwork and writing in local media, post them on the library website, and/or use them for library promotions.