How do I request items during this stage?
There are several ways to request items during this time. Please visit https://www.chathamlib.org/how-do-i-request-items for details.
What are the Library's Hours of Operation during the Library's Grab and Go Service stage?
Monday - Thursday: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Which services will be available during this stage?
- Our collection will be open for browsing, self-checkout stations will be available, and computers may be used.
- We will welcome you to come into the Library at this time. Masks, covering both the nose and mouth, must be worn at all times.
- Library card, printing, faxing, copying services will be available.
- Study Tables (for single or one-on-one tutoring use) are available.
- Certain areas of the Library will be unavailable for use, including meeting and study room rooms, children’s toys and computers, and most seating areas.
- Notary services will be available by appointment.
- Contactless Curbside Service will be available Monday-Saturday from 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM.
- Donations will be accepted on designated Donation Days only. Please visit https://www.chathamlib.org/donations for more information.
What safety measures are you taking during this stage?
The safety of our patrons and staff is the highest priority. The following procedures and precautionary measures will be enacted to try and ensure all parties are kept safe and healthy:
- Patrons will be required to wear masks, covering their nose and mouth, while in the building at all times.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use throughout the Library.
- The use of our self-checkout stations is encouraged.
- If you or anyone in your household is not feeling well, we ask that you please refrain from visiting the Library.
- Front circulation staff will be required to wear masks and maintain thorough hand washing levels throughout the day.
- Public computers and equipment will be sanitized after each use.
- Partitions, plexiglass, and floor markers will be used to help ensure protection and proper social distancing.
- High touch surfaces will be disinfected frequently.
- Certain areas of the Library will be unavailable for use, including meeting and study rooms, children’s computers and toys, and most seating areas.
- Optional curbside pickup will remain available Monday-Saturday from 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM.
Will checkouts still be two weeks?
Checkout periods will be two weeks for most Chatham Area Public Library items. Materials from other libraries are subject to the checkout limits determined by the loaning library.
How can I request items during this stage?
- The quickest way to request items during this time is through our online catalog. CAPLD cardholders and patrons with library cards from participating SHARE member libraries, can order items through our online catalog.
- Call 217-483-2713. Phone orders can be placed during Library business hours.
- Complete our Online Order Form. Please note that processing these requests may take up to 72 hours.
How will I know when my items are ready for pickup? How can I pickup my items via curbside?
Classic library item notifications (email, phone, or text) will alert patrons when their requested items are ready and available for pickup.
Items can be picked up in our lobby during business hours or during our allotted curbside pickup times (Monday-Saturday from 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM).
Are you accepting donations at this time?
Donations will be accepted on designated Donation Days only. Please visit https://www.chathamlib.org/donations for more information.
Can I use the Meeting or Study Rooms?
No, our Meeting and Study Rooms are not available for use at this time.
How can I pay for my fines/lost/damaged items/faxes/copies?
We will have payment jars for cash payments at the Reference and Circulation Desks. We will also be accepting checks and credit cards (for purchases over $5).
How can I return items during this stage?
Our Outdoor Book Drop will remain open 24/7 to accept returns. You are welcome to return DVDs using the Outdoor Book Drop. For other specialty item return, please bring the items into the Library, and a staff member will assist.
What are you doing with items once they're returned?
In light of a recent update from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention regarding the lack of transmission of fomites on physical surfaces, we have ended the quarantining of both requested and returned physical items. This includes our materials and those that are circulated throughout the system.