Let's Talk About...Kits
How do we navigate the death of a loved one or the loss of a pet? How do we explain divorce to our children? How to we explain the changes that are going to happen to a child when a new baby joins the family? Now the Chatham Area Public Library offers Let’s Talk About It Kits, which include multiple books on the difficult topic, as well as resources designed to help parents and families navigate life’s most challenging moments.
- I Am a Big Brother by Caroline Jayne Church
- I Am a Big Sister by Caroline Jayne Church.
- I'm a Big Brother by Joanna Cole
- I'm a Big Sister by Joanna Cole
- My New Baby by illus. by Rachel Fuller.
- Waiting for Baby by illus. by Rachel Fuller.
- The Berenstain Bears and Baby Makes Five by Stan & Jan Berenstain
- The New Baby by Fred Rogers.
- Hello In There! by Jo Witek
- The New Small Person by Lauren Child.
- Babies Don't Eat Pizza by Dianne Danzig
- Lifetimes by Bryan Mellonie
- God Gave Us Heaven by Lisa Tawn Bergren
- Death is Stupid by Anastasia Higginbotham
- Something Very Sad Happened byBonnie Zucker
- Life is Like the Wind byShona Innes
- The Goodbye Book byTodd Parr
- The Pond by Nicola Davies
- Always and Forever by Debi Gliori and Alan Durant
- The Memory Box by Joanna Rowland
- Is Daddy Coming Back in a Minute? by Elke and Alex Barber
- The Funeral by Matt James.
- When a Pet Dies by Fred Rogers
- Goodbye, Jeepers by Nancy Loewen
- Goodbye Mousie by Robie H. Harris
- The Tenth Good Thing About Barney by Judith Viorst
- The Rough Patch by Brian Lies
- The Invisible Leash by Patrice Karst
- Where Lily Isn't by Julie Paschkis
- Cat Heaven by Cynthia Rylant
- Dog Heaven by Cynthia Rylant
- Sammy in the Sky by Barbara Walsh
- Remembering for Both of Us by Charlotte Wood
- What's Happening to Grandpa? by Maria Shriver
- Granny Can't Remember Me by Susan McCormick
- What a Beautiful Morning by Arthur A. Levine
- Grandma by Jessica Shepherd
- Weeds in Nana's Garden by Kathryn Harrison
- Grandma Forgets by Paul Russell
- How to Take the Grrrr Out of Anger by Elizabeth Verdick, Marjorie Lisovskis
- I'm Furious by Elizabeth Crary
- Zach Gets Frustrated by William Mulcahy
- When Miles Got Mad by Abbie Schiller, Samantha Kurtzman-Counter
- Cool Down and Work Through Anger by Cheri J. Meiners, M.Ed.
- After the Fall by Dan Santat
- I'm Worried by Michael Ian Black
- Ravi's Roar by Tom Percival.
- Ruby Finds a Worry by Tom Percival.
- When Sadness Is at Your Door by Eva Eland.
- The Don't Worry Book by Todd Parr.
- The Berenstain Bears' Moving Day by Stan & Jan Berenstain
- Alexander, Who's Not (Do you hear me? I mean it!) Going to Move by Judith Viorst
- Big Ernie's New Home by Teresa and Whitney Martin
- Juna's Jar by Jane Bahk
- Ben Says Goodbye by Sarah Ellis
- A Piece of Home by Jeri Watts
- When the Wind Blew by Petra Brown.
- A Mother for Choco by Keiko Kasza.
- Families Change by Julie Nelson;
- Kids Need to Be Safe by Julie Nelson;
- You Weren't With Me by Chandra Ghosh Ippen;
- The Invisible String by Patrice Karst;
- Maybe Days by Jennifer Wilgocki, Marcia Kahn Wright
- Visiting Day by Jacqueline Woodson;
- The Night Daddy Went to Jail by Melissa Higgins
- Far Apart, Close in Heart by Becky Birtha
- A Family is a Family is a Family by Sara O'Leary
- Just Like Mama by Alice Faye Duncan
- No Matter What by Josh Shipp, with David Tieche
- While We Can't Hug by Eoin Mc Laughlin
- Dad Bakes by Katie Yamasaki.